Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 7.. Big Blue

Day 7

I love these boys.

With Super Typhoon Usagi bearing down on Hong Kong, and soon to be on us as well, we went to get the boys their vaccinations today.  Super scary experience for the boys.  Willy was very nervous.  They both did very well though.

With the rain coming down outside, we decided to watch a movie.  After asking about fourteen people on the streets of Guangzhou, we found our way to the theater.  This is Willy's first movie ever, and he really didn't understand where we were trying to go.

If sarcasm is the mask of fear, then I adorned myself with the entire costume as well.  I sarcastically told the boys, "Dad's got this!".  I mean really, how hard can it be!  And then it happened....

口感幻想午饭目标区域叶子大学干脆囗世界竹林正是上海十五千年申请冉冉井冈山小时候升至井冈山曲井冈山

That's all I saw.

 I was looking for Monster's University 3D and knew exactly what I was looking for.  Now all I had to do was find it.  It was time to draw on the years of the game "Memory" I had played as a kid.  This very moment is what all of that intensive training was for. Trying to remember what Chinese Characters I learned through Rosetta Stone and "Chinese with Mike" and piece them together to find "Monster's University!"......

Putting my finger on it was scarier than touching an electrical wire that  you are not sure is hot or not. 

I CAN DO THIS!!  I AM MEIGUO (American)!!!  And I found it!!  I really did!!!  Whew Hew!!  Monster's University!!  Insecurity bred fear, fear bred reason, reason bred confidence, confidence bred a choice, the right choice.  Full of pride and self worth I walked into the theater, sat down, and enjoyed my boys.  **sigh** I love being so smart. :)

I so enjoy Monster's Inc.  Sully the big blue guy.  He is my favorite!  Commercial is almost over....waiting for Sully.....YES!!!  Blue!!!!.......now looking for Green....I love Mike too.....

......................**huh**...........another blue.  Then another, then another, then another. 

Oh Great!!  If the Smurf's weren't bad enough!  Now I've got to sit through Smurf's 2!!!!  In 3D?!?!!

Wha-- But I--I mean!-----Ugh!!

Agonized, sick, depressed, defeated, beaten, questioning the very existence of life itself.  How could this have happened?!?  As a duck in water, I glance over at my boys, smiled, and looked back at the screen, all the while, beneath the surface, in complete frustration and panic.

How could the 15 year old kid behind the counter let me buy the wrong movie, even though that's the one I asked for?  How could the guy at the door let me walk into a movie I never intended to see?  Ugh!!

But then it just hit me, while I was exchanging the 3D glasses I had broken for new 3D glasses....

We too will be allowed to make the wrong decisions in life. We think that if we start anywhere at the base of a mountain, eventually, we will reach the top.  Many will take different routes, some tripping along the way, and some falling, but hopefully only to get back up on the path and continue to strive for the summit. 

But just as I walked in with a disgusting amount of confidence, we too are in danger of confidently walking through life, only to find ourselves completely in the opposite direction at the very end.  One thing could have saved me from these little blue....things that Azriel should have eaten back in the 80's.  Being floored with the realization I needed too not only be able to read Chinese, but to also understand Chinese!!

We must not only read, but understand the Word in order to obey it.  In order to do what it says.
And who brings understanding? 
That wonderful eunuch in Acts 8 had no idea.  He even told Philip as he read the scriptures, that he had no idea.  So Philip, full of the Holy Spirit, explained it.  The Holy Spirit revealed and a eunuch on that day became my brother.

Oh how I pray that the Holy Spirit will make himself known to Willy. That one day can he understand why we pray at breakfast, lunch, dinner, bed, and through out the day.  I can explain it to him until I am blue (pun) in the face, but the Holy Spirit must draw, reveal, and provide understanding. 

Pray that the Holy Spirit reveals Himself to this boy, our boy, our son. 

"Our understanding of who God is and who we are drastically affects our understanding of who Christ is and why we need him." -David Platt

Father, please show 张鹏旭, Zhang PengXu, William Thomas Allen, Willy....wow, so many people he has been in a short 13 years, but Father, please show him now whoYOU always intended him to be.
All glory to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment