Friday, October 25, 2013

One Month Already???

Sitting down today to study for Sunday's lesson I realized that it has been a month since the boys have been home and Jon and I have not posted anything on the blog! Such is life and a whirlwind at that...Amazed and so in love as I sit down and reflect on these last several weeks.




September 26, 2013: Aaron, Rebecca, JJ and myself pack up and head to the airport around 3pm. We wanted to try to beat the traffic downtown. We did our best, but of corse there were 3 accidents and all lanes closed except one!! Freaking out just a bit, we did not make it to camp creek pkwy until 6ish... Jon and the boys arrival was scheduled to be in at 6:50pm...
We parked, ran in and waited at the ropes at the top of the escalator in the Atlanta Airpot just excited as can be and pretty much about to explode with HAPPY TEARS!
We waited and waited... Person after person we watch being united with their loved ones at the top of the escalator... But where were Jon, Gary, and Willy??? The kids and I scan the herds of people and can not find them at all... I spot some strange man that just walked up "a little too close" behind Aaron out of the corner of my eye, as I turn to "politely create more space" between that man and Aaron all of a sudden my heart leaps!!!! It is Jon!! And Gary and Willy had been standing directly behind us the whole time!!! Ahhhhhh!!!

Joy-joy- joy- joy, are the only words to describe the several moments of life that I will never ever forget! The hugs, the laughter, the reuniting of family and the happiness of embracing your child for the very first time is a rush of emotions I can't find words to describe... It's like the birth of a newborn and you take that first look at them and you are hooked.... enamored, melted, broken, alive, and so full of that four letter word called Love that you know that you would do anything in the world for that new child you have the honor to call your very own....




This last month has been a ride I don't want to get off. We are learning new things, teaching each other, laughing and crying. We have been finding a new groove to call "normal", and being taught "different" is good! I am in love with the "chinglish" language that is an ongoing tune throughout the house. So far my most favorite part is sitting back, being silent, and watching the kids "learn" each other... I love seeing how they work out disagreements. I love how they make up new games. I so enjoy seeing them help each other and work out the barrier call "language"!
So much has been learned in four weeks. So much about who we are, what we believe, and where we truly place our trust. In ourselves or in our Savior we call Father.


Dear amazing God,
Teach me more and more about how You love. Thank you for the privilege of being a mother to Aaron, Rebecca, Jason, Gary, and Willy. Help me to honor you in all that I do. I love you and surrender my whole life to you and all that is in it... this is my offering.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Having adopted teens ten years ago and now trying to adopt D. -all as God wills we pray- I remember well the early days of our newly expanded family, the laughing and crying and praying and growing like never before. God be with you, my sibs, in our Jesus. prayers for you. <3 Ann Thelen

    ReplyDelete